• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

S4 missing features?

Quattroski

Lurker
May 5, 2013
Had my galaxy s4 for about a week now with AT&T... Noticed a couple of features not working or missing. One being the 'auto unlock zone' feature. Supposed to allow the phone to be unlocked automatically when ones trusted wifi.. Appears there is no setting for it. Anyone else notice this? Also, I'm guessing this is disabled for some phones but when you have a pin or password on the lock screen, you can't use widgets or shortcuts to apps. Only when you use swipe mode, that works. Others have the same problem?

Well, the att smart wifi didnt do anything for unlocking the pin on a known wifi... also, from what I read, its cellular data or not, no switch for lte only

I believe there is under network settings (like on the S3), however changing this setting requires a reboot. So not a true "toggle" where you can turn LTE on/off by pushing a button via the quick settings in the notification bar.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones