1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

S4 move apps to sdcard updateGeneral

1. devswap

devswap Active Member

Has anyone tried this yet and is it any good. I worry it will move a tiny app to the SDCard but leave the critical part (the data) on the internal storage.

Can anyone comment please

Thanks

Advertisement
    :
  2. bhero

bhero Well-Known Member

Are u in Germany? Only place update has rolled out to.
  3. Shocky

Shocky Well-Known Member

apps2sd doesn't move data, it never did.
  4. Turbodc2

Turbodc2 Well-Known Member

Wonder what the time frame for the rest of the world is? I could care less about the transfer of apps to SD card, but from what I was reading it provides better performance as well, fixing small bits of lag which is what I'm looking for.
  5. Lacit1707

Lacit1707 Well-Known Member

i know the updated isnt out yet here in the states but do have a question about this.

i came from a Droid Charge and had a ton of apps and stuff on my SD Card...Now, with the same sd card put in my S4...none of the stuff is available....will i be able to use the appz once the update comes out?

and how can i view what is currently on the sd card as of now?
  6. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

Will not work on any phone like that.
  7. murzz

murzz Well-Known Member

Just pulled the update down here in the UK last night, apps2SD now works perfectly;)
  8. jj14x

jj14x Guides Guide

You should be able to view what is on your sd card (even if it is from the Droid Charge). Don't expect the apps (from your droid charge) to work that way though - you will need to install the apps onto your s4 instead.
    Use a file explorer (I use ES file explorer - there are several other options available too)
  9. Lacit1707

Lacit1707 Well-Known Member

wait, so the apps wont work at all on the sd card even with the update???
  10. trparky

trparky Well-Known Member

They still need to be installed. Once they are installed then you would be able to go to the Manage Apps screen and "Move to SDCard".
  11. jj14x

jj14x Guides Guide

as trparky said, you will need to install the apps. Just having the files on your SD card won't make Android know what to do with them.
  12. jj14x

jj14x Guides Guide

I'm jealous :)