• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Verizon] S4 - NG6 root - Towelroot - Soft Crash on Screen lock

sheluvme

Lurker
Oct 20, 2014
Hi All,

Looking for some advice. I am a complete noob so please keep any advice basic.

I wanted to root my phone for a game and I was already on NG6 build - so i followed the instructions here:

I flashed to the old NC5, used towelroot, got phone rooted and then flashed to the NG6 file provided on that link.

I was able to get the phone properly rooted. Everything is working EXCEPT ->
and it is quite random, sometimes it does and sometimes not, and it appears to not be specific to what apps I open.

When the screen is on and then times out to lock instead of locking it will go into a "soft crash".

It is a really weird reboot. One time I was connected conference call, where I could see my dial-in on the webex. My phone went into this "soft crash, but on the webex I could see that I never disconnected. Sure enough, when the phone came back up and I went to "phone" app, my phone was still connected and I was still on the call without redialing.

Anyways - any suggestions on how I can get this resolved and still keep root?

Thank You.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones