1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

S4 not reading SD cardSupport

1. tim1989

tim1989 Well-Known Member

Hi everyone. I wondered if anyone could help me please?

About 30 mins ago my phone decided it would reboot its self for no apparent reason. When it booted back up some of my apps were not available as they are stored on the card. Also any photos stored there are not available.

I have tried rebooting, doing a battery pull, removing and reinserting the card but still nothing.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Advertisement
    :
  2. valorian

valorian Well-Known Member

Do you have a PC with a card reader in it? If you do, see if your computer can read the SD card.
  3. tim1989

tim1989 Well-Known Member

Well it has mow started reading it again. Im going to keep am eye on it as the bit where the sd card goes was getting a bit hot
  4. Muilisx

Muilisx Well-Known Member

5. jrowlings

jrowlings Well-Known Member

Same problem... S4 suddenly stopped seeing the SD card. Card checked out fine on PC. Card was seated fine. Had a Lexar 64g (because, sorry to disagree NY) my music and pictures put are more than 32g. Bought a new SanDisk 64g card and SR recognized it. I formatted it in the S4, copied contents of old card onto PC and copied onto new card. All is good (for now).
  6. Tsepz_GP

Tsepz_GP Well-Known Member Contributor

Ensure you back up all your microSD data as this can happen again and may completely wipe your mSD due to corrupting.
  7. Hammerpgh

Hammerpgh Well-Known Member

I have a similar problem today. Only had my S4 for about 3 weeks. Woke up and spotted the SD card has been removed message in the notification bar. I coulnd't remount the card from the settings so I rebooted the phone but still it shows as Mount SD card / insert SD card in the settings under stoarage. I turned the phone off removed the card, put it back in and restarted the phone but still the same issue. I have tried 2 other SD cards and both get the same problem so it's not card problem.

Any ideas?