• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

s4 not working properly anymore

hi guys. i have a galaxy s4 that has started to act up.

it is not under warranty anymore as ive had it more than 2 years. about 4month ago i cracked the screen so took it to a phone shop and they replaced the screen for me

i have a rubber case for the phone as i regularly have dropped it a few times, im wondering if this be something to do with the problems

it has not been rooted and is on 4.4.2

the auto rotate only works for a short while then it stops working all together, but if i restart the phone it works ok but not for long.

it is starting to feel sluggish when using the phone. ie swiping and pressing buttons and apps

it randomly freezes and restarts itself.

i have factory reset the phone and done a wipe cache

but it still continues.

any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated

and wether you think it is worth paying to get it fixed

When you say they replaced the screen, are you referring to both the LCD screen and digitizer or just one of them? If they dand replaced both as one piece, I wonder if they replaced it with the correct Model # assembly. You can verify this by opening up the back to see if the numbers match. Check out this video.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones