• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
The price will come down once it's available, it's understandable that some sites will try and take advantage of the huge demand for this phone.

More concerned as to which versions will be available here in the UK on launch, hopefully both but it wouldn't surprise my if the Exynos version showed up a bit later.

Upvote 0
At least with samsung we can be pretty sure that the price will come down, whereas with apple, the release price stays exactly the same for 12 months

Yes, Samsung have dropped the price of the S3, and for anyone looking for a phone, but not necessarily the latest and greatest, who looks at the S3 for what it actually is instead of compared to the S4, then it is a fantastic phone, and easily worth buying at the reduced price.

It's a good business model. I suspect the S3 will keep on selling and selling.

Upvote 0
Reactions: NineToTheSky
Upvote 0
I was almost tempted to put an order in at unlocked mobiles just now.. I wonder if they will whack the price up as the release date gets near, or if the other retailers will drop their prices?

They do say, in their terms and conditions: All prices and offers are valid only for the month in which they are published. So I would think you would be safe. Also they say that they have a 7 day no quibble money back guarantee.

I would be surprised if the

Upvote 0
What does everyone think the no contract price will be here in the US?

I haven't heard anything yet and that's the final piece of the puzzle for me. I don't want to lose my unlimited data at Verizon so buying one outright is my only option if I want to stay with them. Last I heard they haven't even acknowledged the phone so I'm not confident we'll hear anytime soon.

Having said that they'll probably announce something tomorrow. ;)

Upvote 0
My 64GB Exynos version will be $1000. Waiting till I get more details first, I'm just waiting on Samsung to release some general & 64GB availability/RRP info on the S4 before I make a move, I need that gap filled as a bit of a comfort thing I guess, otherwise I'm ordering something that doesn't exist.

Upvote 0
Temptation got the better of me and I put in an order this week.
Just hoping it goes through Ok - well, they've already taken my money. Good job I put it on an interest free credit card :).
Now, who wants to buy a galaxy s3?
That's the only reason I don't buy from companies who take your money before they actually have any stock for a good while AND things could change all of a sudden.
I much prefer a pre-order which is just that..... You pre-order then sit back and wait until they email you to say "if you wish to continue with your order please confirm".

Upvote 0
That's the only reason I don't buy from companies who take your money before they actually have any stock for a good while AND things could change all of a sudden.
I much prefer a pre-order which is just that..... You pre-order then sit back and wait until they email you to say "if you wish to continue with your order please confirm".

Agreed, if I'd have had to pay for it on a debit card and have the money go out straight away, I would have definitely waited.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones