• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [International] s4 root issues heeelp :'(

msVixen

Lurker
Jan 15, 2015
ok so,

i was on stock android 4.4.2 on my s4 GT-I9505 i applied the supersu root using odin all was fine apart from some random restarts....i applied the CWM recovery flash....eventually the restarts annoyed me so i flashed my phone completely back to stock using odin, however i notice that whenever i restart my phone, just before the s4 logo it has white text with reboot mode: and bootloader info

so my questions are for you lovely people

1. how do i get rid of that white text? i didnt think anything would be left over from the root after the flash back to stock..

2. how do i stop the restarts if i decide to root again?

thanks!

Hi and welcome,

I'm sure someone of use will be along shortly.....Lol

In the mean time, my guess about the text would be that it is because the Knox fuse has been blown and this start up text is to make you/other users of the phone aware that it's not deemed secure anymore.

As for the random restarts, it can be down to a number of reasons, choosing a different Rom can help. If you follow the guide in this forum for backing up etc after rooting, then you can go ahead and wipe the phone and flash a New Rom.

It might take a bit of getting used to, but I'd certainly advise using Dan's gpe Rom, but it's quite different to stock Samsung!

Reactions: msVixen
Upvote 0
hi! thanks for the reply, im pretty sure the text didnt appear untill i flashed CWM recovery....i could be wrong though, i just rooted and installed CWM again using the guide on here, "great guide btw" and i have not disabled knox through supersu, so far no restarts so that might be one issue....unless i need to disable knox?

as for roms, i would like to get as far away from stock as possible heh, so thank you for the suggestion :)

Upvote 0
If you are on the new (4.3+) bootloader, then you have little choice. The knox fuse has been blown and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it. This doesn't hinder you in any way, but you may get a warranty refusal depending on the country where you live.
As for that text, you will see blue/red/yellow text in the top of the initial S4 splash screen every time you boot normally or into recovery. This is because you are on the new bootloader and you are not on stock kernel. The only way to hide this to go back totally stock (note: this will not fix your tripped knox fuse). As soon as you flash a custom rom/kernel you will see this text.

Last edited:
Reactions: msVixen
Upvote 0
If you flash a totally stock rom from SamMobile through Odin that text will disappear.
as for your reboots, it depends what rom you were using after you were rooted. perhaps your using xposed and this is causing a problem. could be any number of reasons
if you are just rooted on a stock firmware, then i would check your battery to see if its firmly connected in the case

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones