S4 sd card keep corrupting videosSupport

1. vidic17

vidic17 Member

So the past two days any video I record to my 64GB San disk gets corrupt. I recorded a video to test today and I just checked it now and it's not playable at all

Any ideas

Advertisement
    :
  2. SebaKL

SebaKL Well-Known Member

Sounds like a bad card.

Especially when comes to large storage, 32/64, it's worth investing in the premium line. I spent ridicules 60$ plus, but I have never had a problem, and the card has been with me since S2, then S3, Note2 and now S4.
  3. lotus49

lotus49 Well-Known Member

I think SebaKL is probably right in that it's a problem with the card. You should test the card on a PC. Google h2testw for a suitable program that will run on Windows.

There are two possibilities here. Either your card is a fake (you didn't buy it for a bargain price on eBay did you?) or it's one of the duff SanDisk cards. If it's the former, you are probably out of luck. It it's the latter, SanDisk (being a reputable supplier) will replace it.
  4. vidic17

vidic17 Member

Ok I'll test it. Yes I did get it on ebay but it does have all the markings of a real one. I looked up videos before I bought it to see the difference from real and fake and it has all the real ones

Also I've had this card since the phone came out and it's only started acting up now.
  5. Money_Mark

Money_Mark Well-Known Member

I am having the same problem, sometimes with no video on it at all. As I typed this, I noticed a error message "the SD card has unknowingly been removed'. What kind of message is that? I got the card for about $10 at a big box store.
  6. Griff_LI

Griff_LI Well-Known Member

Make sure the card is quick enough (I think it needs to be cat 6 or above to be O.K. for HD video) - I suspect you're o.k. since I don't think Sandisk make anything less than cat 10 these days but it's worth checking.