s4 slowing downSupport

1. tphillips84

tphillips84 Member

My S4 seems to be slowing .. a little too slow for my liking. if i open a message when receiving it takes a while, open a app etc. Its not rooted im on using latest software and i make a concious choice to delete apps i no longer use or need try and keep it uncluttered

Any suggestions?

Advertisement
  2. ironass

ironass Well-Known Member

Here are 3 suggestions...

1. Try going into Settings > Apps > All > Messaging and delete the cache.

2. Boot into Recovery mode and wipe the cache partition. See, here.

3. Do a Factory Data Reset. See, here.
    tphillips84, electricpete and picord like this.
  3. Note3owner

Note3owner Well-Known Member

Try turning of air gesture and atuff like that
  4. Try closing all processes and checking your internet connection
  5. lotus49

lotus49 Well-Known Member

Closing processes and deleting apps will usually make little or no difference, indeed, killing processes will often have the opposite effect.

If a reboot doesn't help, follow ironass' and Note3owner's suggestions. If none of that helps, you may find installing a slimmed down custom ROM would help. This shouldn't be necessary though. I have a stock ROM (although it's rooted, but this should not have any impact on performance) and mine is fine so having decent performance is certainly possible with the stock ROM.
  6. Mr. Lucky

Mr. Lucky Well-Known Member

Since you are on the latest software, that means TRIM support is active on your device.
    From Yet Another Reason to Update to Android 4.3: TRIM Support – xda-developers:
  7. timnz

timnz Member

Look at what's using battery, it could be that something's using your CPU that shouldn't be. BetterBatteryStats+ is another useful app to track that down, but I think you need to be rooted.
  8. icedtea

icedtea Well-Known Member

TS, is your issue solved? having same issues still . . . :( did cache clearing in recovery and in apps
  9. Muilisx

Muilisx Well-Known Member

I noticed this when I had my S4 for the 48 hours I did. I would press a app right after doing something else, and nothing would happen for at least 2 seconds. Definitely was odd with a 1.9Ghz Quad Core Processor.