1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

S4 syncing old emailsGeneral

1. jeff84

jeff84 Member

Hello,

My S4 keeps pulling emails(hotmail) off the server after I delete them from the phone. My gmail is fine, assuming cause it's push. I switched from a Nexus which had push email so when I deleted from my phone it deleted from the server as well.

Is there anyway to fix this without manually going to my actual hotmail account and deleting the messages from the server. Its extremely annoying to keep getting notifications of emails that I have already deleted off my phone 3 times.

Thanks

Advertisement
    :
  2. AdmSuvvuk

AdmSuvvuk Well-Known Member

I don't have a solution for you. I'm only entering the thread so you don't feel like you are all alone. I'm experiencing the same thing with my outlook.com accounts (Exchange Active Sync) accounts. It has also occurred once (but only once) with my true exchange hosted account.
  3. N1vag

N1vag Well-Known Member

Go into email program, settings, click your hotmail account, go to more settings then go into incoming settings and then at the very bottom where it says delete from server change the drop down to when I delete from inbox. That should do it.