1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Support S4 will not charge :(

1. captin caveman

captin caveman Well-Known Member

Ok so my wifes S4 ( GT-I9505 ) will not charge , Iv tried 2 different Batterys and cables, when powered on it shows no symble its charging (also wont connect to pc) but when powered off it vibrates every 5 seconds ???

Iv given the port a clean so theres no fluff in there but I fear the charging port is knackered , any ideas ?????

Advertisement
  2. hansangb

hansangb Well-Known Member

If you tried a *known good* charger and cable (like it chargers other phones), then maybe the phone is broken? I've not had great luck with Samsung chargers (but it was on two different note II phones) and had to replace them twice. So make sure you try a different charger as well.
  3. nickdalzell

nickdalzell Well-Known Member

the Samsung chargers supplied with their phones and tablets is crap--there i said it. my GS4 froze and wouldn't turn on when i tried using my GS3's charger with it. pulled battery, rebooted, tried the GS4 charger, worked fine. tried GS3 charger again, froze, wouldn't turn on.

Another phone, a Galaxy Precedent/Proclaim cheapie, charger bundled with it gave 'unable to charge non-supported battery. see user manual' and refused to charge. tried my Nexus 7 charger, worked fine.

Now my GS4's charger is getting wonky. sometimes it works, other times, dead freeze like the GS3 charger. they can make an excellent phone but not sure why they skimp so much on the chargers...their chargers also concern me. my Note 10.1 2014 edition's charger gets bloody red hot to where you can't touch it without burning your hand, which i consider a fire hazard that i'm quickly replacing ASAP.
  4. Goodspike

Goodspike Well-Known Member

I had the same issue with my wife's phone. It wouldn't charge with several different chargers that worked with my S4. I ended up having to have the phone replaced under warranty.
  5. Witrigs Vege

Witrigs Vege Member

It seems there is some wrong with the charging port flex cable.
    You can go to witrigs.com searching for solution.
    Where you can get and how to fix a S4 i9505 charging port flex cable.
  6. lotus49

lotus49 Well-Known Member

If it's not the charger (which appears to be the case), it seems likely that it is the charging port.

If your phone isn't under warranty then repairing it may not be cheap. One possible alternative is to buy a cheap external battery charger. I bought two spare batteries and a charger on eBay for less than