S5 coming tommorrowTips

1. thequeenscheese

thequeenscheese Well-Known Member

So my new blower is coming Tom, any advice or accessories worth picking up for it?

Advertisement
    :
  2. RyanSupertramp

RyanSupertramp Well-Known Member

When setting up your phone. Set up a Samsung account as well. It only takes a couple minutes and they'll send you a "Thank you" email offering 50% off any Samsung S5 accessory under $50.

It's not much, but it's some savings on an accessory that you may not have gotten if it weren't for the discount. I thought it was pretty cool after getting my phone and setting it all up. I might use the discount on a case here soon. Woudn't wanna drop my baby! ;)
    Shootr and thequeenscheese like this.
  3. thequeenscheese

Where do you find the stuff? Main site?
  4. thequeenscheese

Is it USA only offer as I've not had the email or a code etc?
  5. RyanSupertramp

Ah, that very well may be. I didn't think about the offer being country specific I'm not sure on that though.

All I know is that when I set up my Samsung account (After setting up all my S Health options) I checked my email an hour or so later and I got a welcome email from them. I also got a separate email thanking me for buying the S5 and had a code at the bottom that I can use for the next 3? months.

Hope they send you a code though! Pretty good deal imo
  6. thequeenscheese

Hmm not done s health yet I'll do it now...
  7. RyanSupertramp

8. thequeenscheese

Not had that as far as i know
  9. RyanSupertramp

When you go to "Galaxy apps" in the menu to the left, do you see your email at the top? I think that's how you'll know you have the Samsung account active.

Go into Settings>User and Backup>Accounts and see if you have a "Samsung Account" Along with Google, Twitter, Facebook Ect.

If you don't have that, you'll need to set it up. If you do have that, then maybe it's country specific.
  10. thequeenscheese

Contacted Sammy and they say it's a 3rd party offer and nothing to do with them.

Anyone from the UK made good this offer?