• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

S5 Lollipop latest releases

I think we can safely assume that U. S. Cellular will NOT be upgrading from 5.0 to 5.1.1 . As far as 6.0 is concerned, the S5 probably will not be upgraded. The S6 MAY be. I will wait until the S7 shows up.

When I spoke to the tech department at USC, they were incredibly evasive.

Stock Samsung Galaxy S5's should begin receiving Android 6.0.1 in the next 8-12 weeks if Samsung stick to schedule. Carrier branded minority variants, as always, are at the discretion of the the carrier.

Upvote 0
More releases for Android 5.0, Lollipop, on the International, SM-G900H, octa core, non 4G/LTE, model on unbranded and lightly branded phones for the following CSC codes...

ECO = Ecuador

OJV = South Africa (Product code XFA)

OJK = Israel (Pelephone)

OJK = Israel (Cellcom)

Check both OTA, (Over The Air), and via Samsung's PC suite, Kies, or Smart Switch for updates.

For more information about your model of phone, firmware, CSC and Product codes, see #1.2 & #1.8 of 41 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide

See, also...
S5 Lollipop Update Problems - Dummies Guide
Galaxy S5, Fake Clone or Genuine - Dummies Guide
GPS fix S5 - Dummies Guide

Top Tip: Use CTRL + F on your PC keyboard to bring up a Search bar on each page and enter your country or CSC code or carrier.

Upvote 0
More releases for Android 5.0, Lollipop, on the International, SM-G900F, model on unbranded and lightly branded phones for the following CSC codes...

OJK = Israel

OJK = Israel (Orange/Partner)

OJK = Israel (Pelephone)

OJK = Israel (Cellcom)

Also, for the regional model, SM-G900M

ANC = Argentina

PSN = Argentina (Personal)

ZTR = Unknown

UUB = Bolivia

Check both OTA, (Over The Air), and via Samsung's PC suite, Kies, or Smart Switch for updates.

For more information about your model of phone, firmware, CSC and Product codes, see #1.2 & #1.8 of 41 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide

See, also...

Top Tip: Use CTRL + F on your PC keyboard to bring up a Search bar on each page and enter your country or CSC code or carrier.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
More releases for Android 5.0, Lollipop, on the International, SM-G900F, model on unbranded and lightly branded phones for the following CSC codes...

TNL = Netherlands (T-Mobile)

See, also...

Upvote 0
It is a little over a year ago since I started this thread which has been updated with all the Lollipop, Android 5.*, releases for the main line models of the Galaxy S5. As we can see over the last few weeks, the number of Lollipop releases has slowed down to a trickle as Samsung gear up for the launch of Marshmallow, Android 6.0.1. See, here.

If nothing else, this thread shows how hard Samsung work to ensure that their firmware is up-to-date and that bug fixes and security updates are passed on. When this thread is read in conjunction with 42 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide, it can also be seen which models receive regular updates and which ones lag behind, (no comment!), as well as Samsung's dedication to their product. My own worldwide, international, model, G900F, unbranded for the United Kingdom has received no less than 8 updates for Lollipop... or about 1 every 6 weeks, before moving on to Marshmallow.

By my count, for the mainline Galaxy S5 models mentioned in #1.3, #1.4, #1.5 and #1.6 of the 42 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide the number of releases has been... 914

Thanks for reading. Hope this thread has helped some of you. Hopefully, it has stopped all those posts about Samsung not offering firmware updates. ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones