• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help S5 Memory displaying higher than actual

Xuheb

Lurker
May 24, 2015
Hi,
Im using Galaxy S5, my phone's external memory card is 16GB and its showing only 2.5GB free. Ive tried searching the data but all the files and folders in the memory totals upto 4GB only. I couldn't understand what is occupying all this space.
The device memory graph bar displays the major data as "others" attached is the screenshot
Screenshot_2015-05-24-09-32-36.png Screenshot_2015-05-24-09-32-43.png
Can anyone help me out here? Like what should I look for? or is phone hacked or something?

Thanks

Xuheb

Reactions: lachambers1a
First of all what you're showing is internal memory only, it looks like you either don't have an external SD card installed or if you do the phone isn't recognizing it. If it was present the file manager would show both "Device Storage" and "SD Card".
You can try going into your application manager under Settings and clearing the cache for all apps (Cache, not Data). The cache files can get pretty large over time.

Reactions: ironass
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones