• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help S5 Photo Contact (searched first)

Saerun

Lurker
Jan 25, 2015
Apologies for asking what may be the worlds dumbest question but I've reached the end of the proverbial tether trying to solve this.

I have a Samsung S5 and I would like to be able to have it display a photo of the person that is calling me, which my older S2 was able to do without a problem. No matter how hard I search however the instructions for doing this do not seem to apply to my phone.

Many say tapping the generic photo in the contact leads to an edit screen where you can pull a photo from the gallery, crop it and set it to display, this doesn't work for me.

Neither do any of the other search results from youtube, other forum etc.

Any ideas?

Like so

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1422194038061.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1422194038061.png
    646.9 KB · Views: 19
Upvote 0
Apologies for asking what may be the worlds dumbest question but I've reached the end of the proverbial tether trying to solve this.

I have a Samsung S5 and I would like to be able to have it display a photo of the person that is calling me, which my older S2 was able to do without a problem. No matter how hard I search however the instructions for doing this do not seem to apply to my phone.

Many say tapping the generic photo in the contact leads to an edit screen where you can pull a photo from the gallery, crop it and set it to display, this doesn't work for me.

Neither do any of the other search results from youtube, other forum etc.

Any ideas?

Ironically as soon as I posted this I discovered that contacts must be saved on the phone for the photo options to appear.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones