• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories S5 wireless charging receiver pad options?

Kenny s

Lurker
Nov 26, 2015
I managed to kill the charging port on my galaxy S5 so its now giving me the dreaded " use original charger / charging has been turned off "message.
Seems quite common so i,will try wireless charging as a work around.
The tylt vu mate seems to be the most popular receiver pad because it is sold out everywhere and the last one on fleabay is 3x the price. Anyone have good luck with any other brand while still using the stock rear cover?
Thanks!

Hi,
I have 3 charging pads that I use and I still have the stock rear cover attached. The best one, for me, has been the CHOE Qi. All the pads work and I use them all pretty much every day at some point but the CHOE just seems to be that bit more forgiving when it comes to the placement of the phone on it. Maybe it is because I bought the receiver that came with the CHOE Qi pad as well but I find, for the other pads, that I need to line the phone up more precisely in order to get an uninterrupted charge.

I don't have any noticeable bulge in the back of the phone with the receiver in place. I did read that the water proofing feature of the S5 is compromised because the cover cannot be put back in place as snug as it needs to be. That may well be the case but, in day to day usage, I don't notice any issue.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones