• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help S6 edge email WIDGET constantly trying to sync?

eb2phkingood

Jul 14, 2012
When i placed the email widget on my home screen it never updates the emails on its own. I will receive a beep that I've got a new email, but the widget itself will not automatically show the new email on the homescreen widget. Thus on the homescreen they added the "sync" button. Problem is, when I click sync, it does in fact sync and show the latest emails on my widget, however, the sync keeps circling and circling and never goes away. Even if I go into the smart manager and "kill" the ram for email sync, it immediately pops right back up.

So I guess my 2 questions are:

1) is there a way to get it to stop constantly trying to sync after I've hit the sync button and the emails have already been retrieved?

2) is there a way to avoid using the sync button and just get the new emails to show directly up on the widget much like my gmail widget does? (the problem email is my schools outlook email but I also noticed it does it with a yahoo email as well)

Tried clearing the cache via power button volume button home button and starting it up in safe mode and clearing cache partition.

Thanks!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones