• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

auburn2eugene

Aug 19, 2012
Eugene Oregon
Hi guys. Hoping yall can help me out. I recently got this on clearance at T-Mobile. It came with 5.0.3 out of the box. I immediately downloaded 6.0 from SamMobile and I installed the upgrade this way.

The phone boots and runs but it is EXTREMELY laggy.

There are things I could do. I could root it and put a custom ROM in there and I assume it will fly. But... As I have a brand new device, i want to make sure that I have a warranty in case there is something wrong with the guts of the device, I don't want to have to send it to Samsung for them to tell me I have no warranty.

So any method that requires root is out of the question. What are my options? Because even if I Odin back to stock, knox would still be tripped thus voiding the warranty.

I have tried booting into recovery and clearing cache. This was no help. Is there anything I can do, or is this an issue with all S6 edges? Is this an issue with dropping snapdragon to only use their processors?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones