• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

S7 Edge goes silent when i pull it out of my pocket. - Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge

I am not sure I understand..&quot;<i>as i start to reach down to grab my phone</i>&quot;.. When exactly does the phone go silent. Once you have touched it, lifted it towards your ear or in between?
Also, when you say goes silent, does it disconnect?

Sorry i meant as i grab it and start pulling it out of my pocket. Basically soon as i have my phone in my hand it stops ringing and the call continues to come through waiting for me to answer or reject it.

Upvote 0
Yeah that setting is already turned off.

Then it is going to be a 3rd party app interfering with the ringer or a problem with the OS. You can boot into recovery and wipe the cache partition and then verify easy mute is off. Easy mute is the only setting in this phone that would cause that behavior.

there is a feature under gestures iin settings that allows you to fade out the ringer when you pick up the phone.. Disable this feature.

By the way, what phone do you have and what version of android?

That is the easy mute setting I was referring to

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones