Sacrifice $50 bucks to get it early??


Last Updated:

  1. jamesstone

    jamesstone Member This Topic's Starter

    Joined:
    Mar 29, 2010
    Messages:
    9
    Likes Received:
    0
    I'm on a corporate plan. I called the CSR's at Verizon to see if I could take advantage of the promo and get the phone on the 15th instead of on my NE2 which is July 26th.

    She said yes it's open to corporate people and not just regular consumers, and my price would only be 199.99 + the sale tax. They would also waive the MIR.

    However IF I wait a week and half I could get it for 149.99 after the $50 incentive & and the waived MIR.

    So, should I screw the $50 and get it early or should I wait?
     

    Advertisement
  2. D13

    D13 Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    May 28, 2010
    Messages:
    2,088
    Likes Received:
    234
    It may be too late now but... you could email verizon and ask then to move your date up. I got my upgrade date moved from October 23 to July 12:)
     
  3. shadowangel

    shadowangel Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jul 8, 2010
    Messages:
    80
    Likes Received:
    3
    I'd just wait, myself.
     
  4. ckochinsky125

    ckochinsky125 Banned

    Joined:
    Dec 5, 2009
    Messages:
    1,986
    Likes Received:
    53
    yeah for a week it isnt really worth it i would just wait and save the $50
     
  5. Kelmar

    Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

    Joined:
    Nov 28, 2009
    Messages:
    11,815
    Likes Received:
    4,750
    What phone do you have now?

    I'm inclined to say wait and save the 50 bucks.
     
  6. ctxx24

    ctxx24 Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Apr 26, 2010
    Messages:
    623
    Likes Received:
    48
    Spend the money...put it on your bill pay later....
     
  7. dirkbonn

    dirkbonn Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    May 6, 2010
    Messages:
    888
    Likes Received:
    116
    It all depends on how much $50 is worth to you. Me, I'd wait the week and get the $50, but that's just me. Then I'd take the $50 to Vegas and put it on #31 (my granddaughters birth date) at the roulette table. If #31 hit, they pay me $1,750.00! Alot of $$$$..... if #31 didn't hit, well, I still have my Droid X.

    Have fun with your new Droid X, whatever you decide to do!
     
  8. JubbaTheHutt

    JubbaTheHutt Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jul 7, 2010
    Messages:
    998
    Likes Received:
    103
    I'm not on a corporate plan, but I did manage to have a CSR move my NE2 update from July 21st to July 15th stressing that I was looking to upgrade.
     
  9. ctxx24

    ctxx24 Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Apr 26, 2010
    Messages:
    623
    Likes Received:
    48
    nice mines not till jan doubt they would move it up that far...
     
  10. mountainlover

    mountainlover Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jun 14, 2010
    Messages:
    269
    Likes Received:
    37
    Mine is Aug. 18th. I have called a few times and nobody has moved my date. When I called this morning, I was told they can't move it but to go to a store and see if the manager would be willing to give it to me. Why will they move it for some and then tell others that they can't? Frustrating!!
     
  11. D13

    D13 Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    May 28, 2010
    Messages:
    2,088
    Likes Received:
    234
    You would probably have better luck sending an email.
     
  12. fdnj48

    fdnj48 Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jul 13, 2010
    Messages:
    356
    Likes Received:
    39
    I just called verizon to verify that i will be able to use a credit and early upgrade that i was promised and she said she didnt see anything about either but she did talk to a manager and he allowed her to reset my upgrade date to 7/14/2010 and also gave me the $50 credit that i was promised. So it cant hurt to call and ask if they can move it up for you.
     
  13. _inKredible_

    _inKredible_ Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jun 4, 2010
    Messages:
    96
    Likes Received:
    17
    If it were me aand I were in your shoes...... I would most definately sacrifice the $50 and get it on launch day. I am way too impatient to wait on things such as this and this is gonna be one badazz smartphone and i'm sure you want it in your possesion asap. Do what feels right man. :D
     
  14. jamesstone

    jamesstone Member This Topic's Starter

    Joined:
    Mar 29, 2010
    Messages:
    9
    Likes Received:
    0
    Thanks guys,

    I have a Droid with Froyo, so I'm fine on the phone front. If I still had my Omnia, well then it'd be a no brainer.

    BB called me last night to schedule my appointment for the 15th. I need to sit down with them today and see if they can even do corporate accounts, and maybe sweet talk the rep/manager into getting the $50 credit. I highly doubt it thou.

    I'll try calling the V. CSR back and ask about moving the date up.

    If I don't go through BB then I'll wait and save the $50. The other good thing is that I'll just get billed for the phone and we don't get the invoices for like two months. I just paid my May bill.
     
  15. PeaceMaker

    PeaceMaker Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jul 7, 2010
    Messages:
    139
    Likes Received:
    2
    BestBuy called me today to come in tomorrow. I think I will give the local vzw store a call and see how long the wait is... I don't feel like waiting. Also, BestBuy gives it to you for $200 up front whereas VZW will give you Visa gift cards... boo.
     

Share This Page

Loading...