Sad day for Wallll-EVO

Last Updated:

1. Zippydo

Zippydo Active Member This Topic's Starter

Well, I've had good luck so far with my phone. Mechanically the phone is working like a charm. Battery seems so much better than it did when I first started using it 2 weeks ago. I do have the bottom left hand of the screen appearing not to be flush with the bezel, but figured it was a non-issue really in the whole scheme of things.

Sadly, though, last night I noticed a smudge on the screen. I cleaned it off, but the smudge was still there. Upon further inspection, the smudge is actually on the underside of the screen. It's almost like someone took the screen off, licked their finger, rand it down the right side of the screen, then glued it back on. :-(

I set my appointment for 11:30 at my local Sprint store and am just going to tell them that, while the phone is mechanically okay, I'm not happy now with the aesthetic appearance. Honestly, it's not a huge deal since the phone still works, but I did pay full price - no contract renewal, so do expect it to be aesthetically pleasing for longer than 2 weeks. Just thought I'd share.

Advertisement
  2. IPvFletch

IPvFletch Well-Known Member

Did you get insurance for the phone? Let us know what they say!! That sucks, I'm really sorry you have to go through this!

3. Tiako

Tiako Well-Known Member

Insurance should not take care of this... HTC should it is a defect of the phone.

4. Zippydo

I do have insurance and hope to H E L L they don't try saying I need to use it. I will bring my 10 years of being a loyal customer, 3 years of having insurance (without having to use it) in to play. The phone is 2 weeks old. If I did something to cause it, then I wouldn't have a problem paying the deductible.

I'm not too worried. Our Sprint store is pretty darn good. Always have had good customer service when I go in there. :)

Thanks for the well wishes

5. BetterMost

BetterMost Banned

Picture?

6. Zippydo

Sadly no. :( Am at work and forgot to snap a picture with my regular camera at home. The smudge itself almost has a blue-ish tint to it even. It's strange really.

7. Zippydo

Took it to Sprint and they will be replacing the phone. I'm on the wait list as they don't have any in stock, but that's cool. No hassles.