1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Sad To Say, My Nexus One is Dead.

1. Hook

Hook Ever since DU... ;-) VIP Member

Well, maybe not too sad. I just received the Nexus 4 I ordered monday when I realized my Nexus One had died. Sunday night, the Nexus One turned itself off and no amount of coaxing would make the power button operate. I could have tried the jump start procedure, but shutting itself down with the dead power button crossed of the line for reliability. I decided not to bother.

This has been a magnificent phone and pocket computer and at 3 years old could still kick but on many allegedly better specced phones. Okay, some of that is just sentimental loyalty on my part, but it really was a fine phone that I had a very happy three years with.

It was also my first Android device-- what an awesome way to be introduced to Android.

Farewell, old friend! Hello new friend. ;)

Advertisement
  2. odhinn

odhinn Well-Known Member

The power button problem is a known issues for HTC and the N1. They repaired my for no charge, just had to pay shipping to send it to them. I replaced it with an N4, but at least now I have my N1 as a backup / travel phone.
  3. Hook

Hook Ever since DU... ;-) VIP Member

Unfortunately, HTC will not do that if you have unlocked the bootloader. They insist that in that case they will only repair the power button if you allow them to replace the mother board at an additional $200.
  4. phlojo

phlojo Well-Known Member

My old N1 was pronounced dead yesterday. Cause of death: power button failure. My wife, who had been using the phone, said it was a peaceful death.

I suppose I could try to get that fixed, but I think it has run its course. I ordered a HTC Desire X to replace it.

ETA: the headphone jack was also malfunctioning. I used the phone quite a bit to listen to music, and I guess that putting the headphones in and removing them over and over and over again eventually broke the phone connector.