• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Saddest movie you have ever seen?

It's not really a movie (saw it on youtube), it's more of a documentary on the Chernobyl disaster. There is a scene in which two divers must dive and open a valve or something (the reactor was flooded) to stop an enormous nuclear explosion. However, the water is highly radioactive and the divers know they will die.

You see the two men, right before they are about to dive. You see their hands shaking as they hold hands when they dive.

They did succeed though. And they did die. It really has happened. The army had asked for volunteers, informing them that it would be their last mission. Sad stuff.

Upvote 0
It's not really a movie (saw it on youtube), it's more of a documentary on the Chernobyl disaster. There is a scene in which two divers must dive and open a valve or something (the reactor was flooded) to stop an enormous nuclear explosion. However, the water is highly radioactive and the divers know they will die.

You see the two men, right before they are about to dive. You see their hands shaking as they hold hands when they dive.

They did succeed though. And they did die. It really has happened. The army had asked for volunteers, informing them that it would be their last mission. Sad stuff.

Real life stuff like this...now that's something to get emotional about.

Upvote 0

I never heard about this. That messed up. I get "the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few" n all, but damn...

I hope the folks who dove didnt have any real family or something. I got 2 kids...I dont think I could have volunteered.

Upvote 0
The Road was maybe the saddest book and movie combo ever. In The Green Mile when they are electrocuting john and they are all in tears, is real tough to watch with dry eyes. My alltime favorite movie Braveheart is actually a real tearjerker. Every group of people I have shown it to are always surprised about how sad the ending is. Girlfriends never want to watch it, but they are always turned into blubbering messes after.

Upvote 0
"Life is beautiful" just the fact he tries to make the concentration camp out to be a game to his son gets me every time. Then when the kid "wins" the tank at the end....Don't care how manly you are you will tear up.

+1 for this. Life is Beautiful is one of my favorite movies, but I can very rarely stand to watch it. First time I ever saw it was at an open air film festival in Little Italy Baltimore. Grown men were sitting in their folding camp chairs tearing up at the end. Italians are known to be extra passionate and emotional though...

For those who mentioned anything happening to kids, Even though the whole movie isn't as much sad as it is just twisted,
Pan's Labyrinth. It can leave you feeling numb and depressed by the end.

Another movie that makes me sad is one I stumbled upon mostly by accident. Was browsing through my wifes text book for a film class she was taking in college and decided this movie sounded interesting. (also helped me decide to watch it, I am a first generation American Italian and I am interested in the culture and history.)
Ladri di Bicicletta (make sure its the subtitled italian version, not the dubbed english) Gives the viewer a feeling of hopelessness. Just a great example of how the world can beat a man down and leave him feeling helpless. This movies might be too slow paced to hold the attention of most normal people my age though.

Upvote 0
if we are being serious about GOOD movies, welll all i can say is "brookes was here" and if you dont know what that means, i pity you.

I was talking to a girl who said this movie sucked. I asked her if she watched the whole thing, and she said no. I talked to her again after she watched the entire film, and she was like, that movie is awesome.

My saddest films are Marley and Me and Remember Me ( I felt worse for his sister than the girl, though). My wife is a huge Twilight fan and I can't stand them, so I didn't have high hoped for this movie, but turned out to be really really good, and Robert Pattinson can actually act.

Upvote 0
I dont really do tears...but sum films choke me up...

Ghost....Beaches...Titanic....I am Legend (wen he kills his dog)...Marley and Me....The Green Mile....The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas (had my daughter crying like a baby that one).....but the one that most recently made me wanna cry......TOY STORY 3D...where the toys all sliding to be melted...that was SOOO sad.:eek:

Upvote 0
I dont really do tears...but sum films choke me up...

Ghost....Beaches...Titanic....I am Legend (wen he kills his dog)...Marley and Me....The Green Mile....The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas (had my daughter crying like a baby that one).....but the one that most recently made me wanna cry......TOY STORY 3D...where the toys all sliding to be melted...that was SOOO sad.:eek:

No spoilers please:D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones