Sadly having to return my Vibrant (love the phone but T-Mobile sucks)

Last Updated:

1. landale

landale Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I hate to say it but I will be returning my Vibrant on Monday. I absolutely love the phone but after my 4th 3G outage in Houston I can't deal with this anymore. I was with Sprint for 11 years and never had so many service interruptions. I have an unlocked Blackberry I can use in the meantime and hopefully can wait out for the Fascinate but will probably end up with a Droid X as I am not gonna be able to use a Blackberry for very long before I give in to Android again. Gonna miss this board as I think its a great community. Good luck to all of you in better T-Mobile coverage areas.

Advertisement
  2. rocketragz

rocketragz Well-Known Member

i live in houston and have no idea what you are talking about. my 3g works great and fast.

i live in the heights/memorial area inside the loop. where i work is a worse part of town on the east side and every now and then i will lose 3g, but only for a few minutes at the longest. i'm also inside an office in the middle of a cube farm.

3. dissident75

dissident75 Well-Known Member

I live in Southwest Houston and I've had no issues either. Perhaps you got a bad phone. Try and exchange before giving up.

4. SamsungVibrant

SamsungVibrant Well-Known Member

Although T-Mobile does not compare to verizon in terms of coverage. T-mobile has the best 3G network right now, also great customer service.

We welcome you back if you change your mind. Remember all carriers will get the Galaxy phone :) It is the best phone in terms of raw specs.

5. noonehereyet

noonehereyet No One... VIP Member

and will be the best phone period once more devs start making roms... I know of a few people working on the kernel right now so most likely be seeing some form of cyanogen port or cyanogen parts inside...

6. landale

landale Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

It's not all of Houston, it's the tower that serves my apartment and my office as I live and work in the Galleria area. The store here even confirmed this tower is flakey and 3G goes out from time to time. It worked elsewhere in Houston during this time. What truly bothered me was that no one in so called technical support could see a problem and I called 4 times this afternoon. Edge worked fine but 3G was just plain out on the tower that serves my apt and office for 6 hours today. Sorry but I was with sprint for 11 years and they never once had an outage like this and when they did have an outage on me they at least knew about it. I love the 3G speeds when it works but honestly I have been on Edge way more often then I expected around town. I am just gonna suck it up and move to Verizon. At least I won't have service go out and no one at the carrier know.

7. VegasTouch

VegasTouch Well-Known Member

Uh, what does that mean in laymans terms? :p

8. noonehereyet

noonehereyet No One... VIP Member

Cyanogen is probably the leading developer in rooted/custom roms and his work is so good that it is generally used to some degree in other peoples custom roms... He also is so well liked because EVERYTHING he does is completely open source and can be pulled from his repo git hub ( cyanogen's Profile - GitHub ) just like the stock android from googles site...

9. VegasTouch

VegasTouch Well-Known Member

Oh, that is somebody's username. Had no clue, thanks.