Sadly saying goodbye to my Hero

Last Updated:

1. Nighthaunt

Nighthaunt Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Well it's that time again - time to say goodbye to my Hero - I've found it a stunning phone, which I have used to completely run my home and work life.

Considering I bought a sim free handset to replce the new Nokia N97 I got with a new contract 13 months ago (N97 went to my other half) I spent a hell of a lot on a phone, but over the year I can happily say its something I've never regretted.

Well onwards - and I've just upgraded 2 months early to a new Desire HD on vodafone:) The Hero won't be retiring just yet though :D its going to be my other halfs new phone - although he doesn't know it yet;) but will no doubt will be very excited:)

Thanks to everyone here for the help you've given me with questions and will no doubt see you on the DHD forum here at some point:)

I can only hope I'm as pleased with the desire hd as I have been with the Hero.

Advertisement
  2. jonous101

jonous101 Well-Known Member

I too am leaving my beloved Hero behind. Upgraded to the Desire HD from 3 - got an absolute bargain if i'm honest. Feel like i've robbed them and all because i threatened to leave! The Hero has been the best phone i've ever owned (and i've owned a lot!). Again the Hero will still be in use, my mum is going to have a go at it (which should be fun to watch).
    I guess i'll see you on Desire HD forum!
    Thanks for all your help x

3. Nighthaunt

Well that may have been a bit premature - online when I selected the early upgrade it said dispatching in 2-3 days - however having spoken with Vodafone today they are out of stock of the Desire HD for at least a week - they couldn't guarantee my order would be filled in a weeks time so decided to cancel the upgrade - waiting for confrimation this has been cancelled (only been an hour).

Well 100 days till contract ends (1st Feb) so might be delays - damn shame was bidding on 2 32gb cards on fleablay (Kingston sealed packaging 1 x class 4 and 1 x class 6) but at least can use the new card in Hero.

Here I am wondering how much it would be to end my Voda contract early now hmmmm???

4. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

You usually have to pay for the rest of the contract all at once to buy your self out.

5. Nighthaunt

Yeah had the sad feeling that would be the case - and at

6. jonous101

jonous101 Well-Known Member

i know people who have gone to phones 4 u and they've 'bought' the rest of the contract, but i've never done this myself. i was lucky, my contract ends next month.