• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Safe 2 Use OEM Car Charger From c771 On c881?

piludo36

Jun 20, 2013
Earth
Hi,
After 3 years of faithful service, and one year of storage frustration. It was time to "decommission" my c771.
So, I just bought a used, very "cherry" c881. (waiting on my Strait Talk sim card... I thought this phone was going to be CDMA..., surprise:) been with them so long they're 3 day mailing it for free. So what's another 3 days?)
The c881 came for the original owner, he boxed it when he and his wife switched carriers over a year ago. Not a mark on it. He kept it in a holster (kinda' funny for a commando, defeats the purpose, but hey, I get a cosmetically perfect phone... )
Came with a cradle, which is great! BUT NO CAR CHARGER!

Can I SAFELY use my Verizon Commando c771 car charger on the C881?

I don't want to damage what basically a is a new phone (yeah, it has the 4.1.2 upgrade, no sure how I feel about that?) Also, I know some of you have had issues with it slowing down, I don't want to "fry" anything.

Not going to root but will disable all the crapware, trash most widgets and go to a solid black background from photo gallery. Hoping doing all this will keep this phone running well, it kept the c771 alive longer than it should have been.

Any advice/knowledge/experience is greatly appreciated!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones