Safe mode reboot

Last Updated: 2011-06-11 03:08:21
  1. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

This procedure can clear a large number of problems and should be tried before a Hard Reset.

1.) Turn phone off ... remove battery .. WAIT for at least two minutes.
    2.) Power On Phone while Holding MENU key ... Until ALL actions finish from Powering on phone ...
    ....... At the bottom left corner of the display in transparent text will be the words "Safe Mode"
    3.) Power off phone again ... battery out ... wait two minutes
    4.) do a normal power on ...

Advertisement
    Stacey1986 likes this.
  2. si3wc4

si3wc4 New Member

I have a little problem. I can't run it in safe mode...
    Or I just don't have the words "safe mode".
    I wanted to run my G1's in safe mode cause of my alarm clock. It doesn't give me any sound.
    The other sounds like my ringtone or sms notify works great.

Sorry for my english :)
  3. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

You Need to hold the "MENU" key for a long time ... to make sure that none of the normal background programs get loaded into memory ...

The Safe Mode words are very light (transparent) in the lower left corner of the screen ....

So start by holding down "MENU" key then press Power ... continue hold "MENU" key until you see the "Safe Mode" words on the desktop screen.

Note if there are apps that you want to run that normally run at startup ... you will need to run them after the boot-up ... by selecting them manually ..
  4. si3wc4

si3wc4 New Member

Thanks a lot, but it didn't solve my problem :(
  5. DawnOwar

DawnOwar New Member

This worked for me!
    Thank you!
  6. skittleys

skittleys Member

Are these instructions for the G1 only? If so, shouldn't it be moved to that forum??