Safe Mode?Support

Last Updated:

1. RobertsAccount

RobertsAccount Active Member

I installed an alternative launcher and now unfortunately I'm stuck in a force close loop. To fix this I need to get into safe mode, but I don't know how. I have tried booting up whilst holding the menu button but I've had no luck! Does anyone out there know how to boot in Safe Mode on the ZTE Racer?

Advertisement
  2. RobertsAccount

Sorry to cause a fuss but I've been without a phone for a day or so now and it's rather frustrating :/
  3. ryanraven

ryanraven Well-Known Member

there is no safe mode sorry. can u get into the settings my pressing menu ? from there u can uninstall the launcher and change back the stock launcher.
  4. RobertsAccount

No safe mode? Damn it ZTE.. No the only two things I can do are open the keyboard and pull down the notification bar... It's not good :/
  5. ryanraven

ok heres the only thing i suggest i u must pay attention lole download this.
    rickywyatt.rar

Extract it and and run
    Install-Recovery-Windows
    Now pull the battery out from the phone put it back in
    hold down the + volume button ( dont take your finger off )
    press the power button once still holding the + volume keep it held down for 10 seconds then plug the cable into the phone. the
    Install recovery should install recovery onto phone and then close. Reply back when its done.
  6. RobertsAccount

Thanks man, I'll try it when I get on the other computer, I don't have administrative rights on this one! Which I need to install the drivers...
  7. ryanraven

make sure u do a backup then off your phone because ill show u how to wipe it.
  8. RobertsAccount

By backup I take it you mean simply mounting the phone via USB and copying all the contents over to the PC? Sorry if I'm being a tad newbish :p
  9. ryanraven

yeh from usb also everything from phone will be wiped :-(
  10. RobertsAccount

So I was just about to do this, and a got a notification on my handset telling me that I'm running out of storage space. I pressed it and it took me to a menu from which I could uninstall ADW Launcher and return to LauncherPro!! So luckily I'm all good now... thanks for your help!