safe to factory wipe now???Support

Last Updated:

1. chenzales

chenzales Member This Topic's Starter

Jun 15, 2010
    Hi, I've been having issues with my incredible lately, mostly just lagging a bit, but yesterday i rebooted it and all my widgets were gone, replaced em all and phone continued to work fine.

Today, swapped out the battery and rebooted, only to get stuck on the droid eye after startup. After a while, it continued to boot, but my widgets were all gone, I got a ton of force closes, and my preferences in all my apps are pretty much gone, if they will even open. This happens now every time i restart my phone.

I'm thinking of factory resetting it, since all my apps are backed up on appbrain. My only concern is that I've read about issues regaining 3g connection after doing so, and I'm wondering if it's safe to wipe my phone now? Any help would be appreciated, esp if it's a solution to my issues without having to wipe.

btw, 2.2, rooted, all the stuff started happening after i downloaded a few app updates from the market. I have uninstalled some bloatware using titanium, but that was weeks ago, and had no issues until now.

2. ynnufderf

ynnufderf Member

May 21, 2010
    Do a nand backup, a Titanium back up and boot recovery, wipe cache, wipe data and hopefully that will fix your issues. After that I would flash a ROM and kernel. Then you can use Titanium backup to restore most of your data and apps.