• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Safe to format SD card and factory reset?

j_ryan

Jun 10, 2010
East Tennessee
My X has been having a couple of problems this week. It has force rebooted four times, frozen up twice and been sluggish a handful of times. I'd like to completely format my SD card and factory reset and start over. Is there anything necessary on the card that I need to keep (besides my personal data)?

Thanks a lot for any quick responses...trying to get this done before work so I'll have something to do.

For the sdcard there is no reason that you should worry about formatting your sdcard as long as you get what you need off of it, all the folders will just be rebuilt. I did this about a month ago for my droid but just because and what I did was mount my sdcard and drag and dropped a complete backup of my sdcard just in case, which I actually went back to a couple of times, and then formatted it.

Reactions: j_ryan
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones