• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Verizon] safely rooting galaxy s4

I have the Verizon version of the galaxy S4. I want to root it, but im afraid it will mess the phone up, and that opens up:

1. I wouldn't take it to Verizon to try to get a new phone if I messed it up and I know if I cant afford a new smartphone I shouldn't mess with the one I got. But out of curiosity could Verizon tell if I did root it.

2. Towel Root I know its supposed to be safe and one click but what if something goes wrong is my phone recoverable or do I have a 500.00 paper weight. I have a Nexus 7 2012 that I rooted myself, but im not so sure I can do a phone so this begs my question How safe is it??

3. Will it make my phone slower?? cause it to crash more frequently, (it never crashes right now), but I would like to have the extra functionality of root not to mention getting rid of the bloat ware.

I did a search before I made this topic and really couldn't find the answers I wanted. Can you all help me??

Thanks,

Tim

I have the Verizon version of the galaxy S4. I want to root it, but im afraid it will mess the phone up, and that opens up:

1. I wouldn't take it to Verizon to try to get a new phone if I messed it up and I know if I cant afford a new smartphone I shouldn't mess with the one I got. But out of curiosity could Verizon tell if I did root it.

2. Towel Root I know its supposed to be safe and one click but what if something goes wrong is my phone recoverable or do I have a 500.00 paper weight. I have a Nexus 7 2012 that I rooted myself, but im not so sure I can do a phone so this begs my question How safe is it??

3. Will it make my phone slower?? cause it to crash more frequently, (it never crashes right now), but I would like to have the extra functionality of root not to mention getting rid of the bloat ware.

I did a search before I made this topic and really couldn't find the answers I wanted. Can you all help me??

Thanks,

Tim

Hello and welcome to Android Forums skitsofrantik75 (Tim)! :)

As you have the Verizon version of the S4, I have asked the mods to move your post to the (Verizon) Galaxy S4 - All Things Root section of the forum as there are special rooting methods required for your model.

Good luck!

Reactions: Unforgiven
Upvote 0
Reactions: ironass
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones