Said:the President of Verizon

Last Updated:

1. bleedGreen

bleedGreen Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

The president of Verizon said in a meeting of shareholders a month ago that there would be no Iphone for Verizon til at least 2012.........A well-known source of mine WAS THERE!!!:eek:

Advertisement
  2. riffdex

riffdex Well-Known Member

eek!

3. PhilosoRaptor

PhilosoRaptor Well-Known Member

I'm dreading it with all my heart. I really don't want 50% of AT&Ts smart phone users coming to Verizon causing the network to crumble and prices to go even higher. I hope AT&T keeps exclusivity somehow. But it seems the CDMA iPhone is inevitable so any delay is welcome by me. Competition is good, if Verizon has all the major smart phones that everyone wants, then they're definitely going to capitalize on that and continue to rape us (financially) for that convenience.

Plus I loath Apple and all of their mindless followers :D.

ckochinsky125 likes this.
  4. bleedGreen

bleedGreen Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

yea....I asked about the Jan/Feb thang...rumour...but I STILL wont believe even the VP of All that is Good-

5. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Not sure what this has to do with the MotoDroid :confused:

.... off to the lounge it goes....

6. Vihzel

Vihzel Destroying Balls Everyday VIP Member

Why do people always refer to them as sources? If he's your friend, you can just say it. lol You should let Bloomberg know before they seriously damage their reputation.

7. Snow_Fox

Snow_Fox Well-Known Member

If only iphone went to sprint.

Game over.

/end fantasy

8. riffdex

Where are you getting these numbers? What makes you think 50% of at&t smartphone users are going to switch to VZ on the spot? If someone has a smartphone other than the iphone and are on at&t, they probably have at&t because they legitimately like the service they are receiving, or they are locked into a contract. As for the iphone users, a large number of iphone users are locked into a contract until at least mid 2012. Second off, there have been a lot of polls conducted that indicate that the majority of iPhone users wouldn't be in any rush to switch to Verizon because the iPhone becomes available on VZ. That's not to say all iPhone users are happy with their service, but a lot of iPhone users live in places where they actually have good coverage. CDMA phone is inevitable, but theres no way to even confirm it's for VZ, who knows, could be Sprint. Either way, VZ's network could definitely handle the extra load of however many iPhone users did switch to VZ (which I assure you would be a lot less than 50%, according to some of the surveys) if the iPhone came to VZ.

jroc likes this.
  9. Hrethgir

Hrethgir Well-Known Member

Love your signature! And as DH would say "BFFFFFFTTT!" I really don't care if the iPhone comes to Verizon ever, I don't want it. And if the Verizon network crumbles when it does eventually show up, I'll look elsewhere for my wireless needs. Half the reason I left AT&T and my iPhone was because of call quality issues. The other half was that I was done with Apple.

10. Bramsy

Bramsy Well-Known Member

IOWA have a opinion here?

11. Seddy

Seddy Well-Known Member

cdma >> gsm

12. Bnice

Bnice Guest

Don't care where the iphone goes, i would still have an android device.

13. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

Yep, the iPhone will be released for Verizon on 12/12/2012. The Mayans predicted it.

melissai_ and bravesfan171 like this.
  14. ekyle

ekyle Well-Known Member

Haha, nice. I'll stick with Android :) Only phone that I can really use with Linux. No iTunes or Windows Media Player for me

15. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

Hmmm... I can just see it now. The four horsemen of the apocolypse showing up with limited edition "End of Days" iPhones... :eek: :rolleyes: :D

16. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

Well, this just means Verizon's network will remain stable until 2012 then. If OfTheDamned's guess (and the mayans thing going on) is right, then you have technically 2 years of decent network speeds and constant uptime on Verizon. Lol.

17. twospirits

twospirits AF's janitor Moderator

I really don't understand why no one believes me when I keep saying the iPhone is going to Sprint. Why, Why doesn't anyone believe me. :p

TS

18. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

Because you lock the most threads and give the most warnings and infractions. :p

19. twospirits

twospirits AF's janitor Moderator

That may be true, but still.

oh btw, I just gave you an infraction for that. :p

Thread locked. :D

TS out

20. baillou2

baillou2 Well-Known Member

I too love this feature. It's SOOOO nice being able to plug in your phone and BAMM you got access to every file.

Even with iTunes you can't do that with an iphone. All you can do is sync music and videos and apps... annnnd... that's about it.

21. Crude

Crude Well-Known Member

Well it IS off topic, now you can lock it. :rolleyes:

22. ElasticNinja

ElasticNinja Well-Known Member

Yeah well in Ireland, iPhone4 is on 2 networks
    Mwahahaha

23. sc00bz

sc00bz Well-Known Member

I don't understand why all the rumors year after year get blown out of proportion with the Iphone coming to big red. Bottom line is apple and at&t signed an exclusivity contract valid thru 2012 and unless there is either a buyout of said contract or a breach of said contract, the Iphone will only be available on at&t in the US until 2012.

Edit: To add to that, apple originally went to verizon with the offer of them holding the exclusivity. Verizon didn't want to play ball under apple's terms, so verizon missed out.

24. riffdex

That's not the bottom line, because nobody knows for sure when the Apple/AT&T contract started or will end. Except of course Apple and AT&T. And yes, you are correct about Apple originally going to VZ. VZ wasn't willing to give up that much control of their phones and they ended up losing a lot of business because of it, and had to end up compromising on their position a little bit anyways, by getting behind Android. (VZ still has some bloatware and and control over Android phones, but it's a step in the right direction from how it used to be.)

25. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

I gotta say. I love the way this woman's mind works. Still laughing.