• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Sales Tax database

eddiecubed

Lurker
Oct 28, 2013
I'm messing around on a simple app I created back when i first started working on android apps (eating out tip calculator).

My question is if anyone knows of a extension, url, or anything that is already out there that has all sales tax percentages that would be used in any restaurant or diner or pubs.

I want to have this table (possibly add it to sqlite table) so I dont need to ask the user for the tax rate.

Does anyone know of such information? I know there is probably alot more ahead of me (collecting user general location/region w/o gps permission).

Sales tax percentages often vary between city, county, state, etc. If there is data for it, it is going to be very large and you'd have to know the exact location of the user in order to cross reference with the sales tax data. This is one of the reasons online merchants have fought against collecting sales tax. Good luck finding the info and implementing it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones