• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Salvaging video

cr74mz

Jun 19, 2010
Hello all,

Yesterday, I took a video of my friend's vehicle getting towed. About 17 minutes into the video, my phone rebooted and was very hot to the touch. This morning (when I first tried to play the video) I got the "Sorry, this video cannot be played." message. In addition to this video, I took 2 short videos; one before and one after. Both of those videos work just fine. I pulled all 3 videos onto my computer (which removed the audio) and I now have a 761MB .3gp video file which will not play on my computer.

To summarize:
Video #1 is 1:08 long and plays fine;
Video #2 was just over 17 minutes when the phone rebooted;
Video #2 does not play on the phone or PC;
Video #3 is 41 seconds long and plays fine;
The handset was in direct sunlight for a decent portion of all 3 videos;
The handset was in direct sunlight when when it rebooted;
Outside temperature was 106

Hello all,

Yesterday, I took a video of my friend's vehicle getting towed. About 17 minutes into the video, my phone rebooted and was very hot to the touch. This morning (when I first tried to play the video) I got the "Sorry, this video cannot be played." message. In addition to this video, I took 2 short videos; one before and one after. Both of those videos work just fine. I pulled all 3 videos onto my computer (which removed the audio) and I now have a 761MB .3gp video file which will not play on my computer.

To summarize:
Video #1 is 1:08 long and plays fine;
Video #2 was just over 17 minutes when the phone rebooted;
Video #2 does not play on the phone or PC;
Video #3 is 41 seconds long and plays fine;
The handset was in direct sunlight for a decent portion of all 3 videos;
The handset was in direct sunlight when when it rebooted;
Outside temperature was 106

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones