Samaung S3 Contacts Problem - Integrated Groups

Last Updated: 2012-10-09 16:13:15
  1. RichardWJ21

RichardWJ21 New Member

Hello all,

I've had my Samsung S3 for a week now, and I have very happy with it so far.

There is one thing I just cannot fathom, however. I have rather a lot of contacts due to work, etc (just having the 'co-workers' group creates difficulties for me). In my previous phone, I managed contacts by having different customized groups. With the S3, I seem unable to change the integrated group names. For example, I can't delete individual integrated groups or add text/information to them, so I can have a single 'Friends and Family' group, rather than two separate groups as 'family' and 'friends'.

I've trawled the internet and cannot find anything, so if anyone on here could help me, that would be superb. Thank you in advance.

Richard.

Advertisement
  2. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator Guide

Hey there RichardWJ21, glad to have you here :)

Unfortunately i have never dealt with the S3, but i am sure i can try and provide some insight to your issue.

Now as i try and wrap my head around this i am assuming you just want more contact groups. To add more you go into the Contacts > Groups Tab > and at the bottom create group with the names of the people you want in it.

I hope this helps, please post if i am not understanding the question correctly or did not provide sufficient help :D

Otherwise you can try posting your issue here: Samsung Galaxy S3

Thanks again for joining!
  3. RichardWJ21

RichardWJ21 New Member

Hello and thank you for such a quick reply!

Yes, this is a big help, thank you. However, I also want to know how to delete integrated groups. I can delete groups I have created, but not the ones that already existed, such as 'ICE Emergency Contacts'.

Thank you very much.
  4. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator Guide

I really don't think you can delete the preexisting contact groups, i was only going to suggest to add more. I can do some more digging and look for a possibly solution to this problem.

EDIT: Unfortunately, i wasn't able to find anything here, but i could move your thread to either the Galaxy S3 forums to be better looked at or the Android Lounge for general Questions, it's your call, just tell me what you want and i can do it.

EDIT: Thread moved to Android Lounge.