Same Bluetooth car issue as Nexus One?Accessories

Last Updated:

1. LandLockedPH

LandLockedPH Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Have any of the folks who have had a chance to play with the new Incredible been able to check to see if it has the same Bluetooth issue as has been reported multiple times with the Nexus One?

The Nexus One is able to pair with the in-car handsfree systems on several Nissan products (Altimas, Rogues, Infinity) and work perfectly for handsfree calling. It can accept voice commands, dial outgoing calls, answer incoming calls, etc. HOWEVER: audio from the call goes to the phone and not to the in-car handsfree device. In other words, no sound through the car's system. This problem has also been reported on some BMW, Dodge and Jaguar vehicles.

I'd like to purchase two Incredibles this week but this would be a deal breaker since my wife and I spend allot of time in our cars. Handsfree is a necessity in more and more areas.

Thanks for your input.

Advertisement
  2. tarponbeach

tarponbeach Well-Known Member

I can tell you that my Eris running 1.5 did not play well with my Mercedes bluetooth. It would connect and I could answer calls, audio worked properly, but it would not transfer my contacts. When I upgraded the Eris to the leaked 2.1 OS, Bluetooth worked perfectly. I have been told that 2.1 has an updated Bluetooth stack, which would explain why 2.1 works as it should.

So, I'm assuming that the Incredible running 2.1 has the updated Bluetooth stack, and as such, should probably work for you. If not, you always have 30 days to return it, so what do you have to lose?

I paired the Eris on 2.1 with my brother's Infiniti M45, and it worked perfectly.

3. LandLockedPH

LandLockedPH Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

My wife's G1 with version 1.6 works great. The issue is with Android 2.1 on the Nexus One.

4. jimmm18

jimmm18 Member

This is the one thing that keeps me from jumping on the incredible. My HTC Eris and Mini blue tooth did not work well. It did at first; the phone book synced and I could dial out and it paired easily but it would drop the blue tooth connection all the time. Drove me crazy and the phone has to be a phone first a multimedia device second so I returned it and got the moto droid which works pretty much 100% of the time.

I will be watching to see how it pairs with the automobile bluetooth.

5. allgoodppl

allgoodppl New Member

I tried using my HTC Incredible (verizon) with my BMW X3 today and it paired, connected and dropped calls three times in a row until I finally gave up. Not sure what to do, or if there's a software update for the Bluetooth drivers / service.

6. CriticalOutcast

CriticalOutcast Member

My Inc paired fine with my Nissan Sentra. Have made several calls with no issue. However, I was unable to transfer any contacts over blue tooth, so I had to program each number I wanted into the car.

7. Cmdr007

Cmdr007 Member

I've been able to pair it with my '10 Lexus RX-350 with no issues so far. I've been able to make and receive calls, as well as been able to play music via the HTC player as well as Pandora. I'm very impressed with the sound quality via Bluetooth. Sounds just like it was just plugged into the car.

8. tarponbeach

tarponbeach Well-Known Member

What year is your X3? My Incredible pairs well, and transfers the phone book with my wife's X3. Also holds the connection. Her's is a 2008.

9. asahi

asahi Active Member

I'm having a similar issue on my 2005 BMW 330i. I can get paired but not connected. No phone calls go over the car audio. Did the Nexus One ever have this issue fixed?

10. BuickGS67

BuickGS67 Well-Known Member

Loving the Incredible so far overall. It's a well rounded phone (or computer!)

I have paired my Incredible in both of my vehicles, and found the following results:

2008 Acura TL: No issues dialing or receiving calls. No calls dropped unless in a low cell signal area (happened to me once in the last 2 weeks) The car's BT system does the dialing for the phone.

2009 GMC Sierra: The phone has paired fine, and has not dropped any calls. I can receive calls perfectly, however VOICE dialing from the vehicle to the phone does not function. ("I'm sorry, your handset does not support this feature...") :mad: If I stop and dial from the handset, the BT system picks the call up instantly. I do not like the fact that I cannot access voice dialing through the vehicle, but I'm living with it. If I have to make a call, and cannot stop to place the call, I use the OnStar phone instead to make the call.

My old BB Curve was able to voice dial in the GMC, and I wish they'd correct this feature (or come out with an app to work around it?). If it could voice dial from GM vehicles, it would be my "perfect" phone.

11. Rdjr74

Rdjr74 Well-Known Member

I installed a parrot kit in my VW a few years back. Evereything works the same as before except no voice dialing. I am unable to use my steering wheel button to place calls. No access to the phone contacts. I can answer calls with the button and hang up calls with the button. Just no damn hands free calling. I see this being resolved by the end of of the year. More and more people are going towards Android so more and more people will be complaining about. My 2cents

12. dgold82

dgold82 Well-Known Member

I can second that with my 08 Sentra. There was ONE time where I got in the car and it didn't sync up which was a weird but it hasn't happened again.

13. Akitakoi

Akitakoi Member

Works good with Ford's Sync By Microsoft in my 2010 F150.

14. lukem

lukem Well-Known Member

I just installed a Sony MEX-BT2800 in my 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe and it works fine. Music and calls go through the speakers from my Incredible perfectly.

15. amarryat

amarryat Well-Known Member

Also works perfectly in 2010 Honda's with Handsfreelink

16. maikinmoves

maikinmoves Active Member

I don't have any problems with it in my Hyundai Genesis 2010 as long as I have the bluetooth turned on before I get in the car, if not then it's a bit finiky for the first minute as it all syncs up. And now it's even better that Call Confirm has the ability to turn off when bluetooth is connected. If you don't have Call Confirm, it is the best app for the Inc, just wish I had it before I accidently called my ex's dad.

17. whitlecj

whitlecj Active Member

As was mentioned earlier, it works well with Ford's SYNC system. One bug is that it will automatically start playing your music from your phone when start the vehicle. This is kind of random, but it happens quite often.

18. bravebear

bravebear New Member

My Ford (Taurus) SYNC is mostly working as well. Only issue is that bluetooth drops as soon as I move out of range of my wifi and bluetooth must be reset to reconnect. It does the same thing when I get home. Other instances posted on verizon site.:confused:

19. winstonoboogie

winstonoboogie Well-Known Member

No problems in my 2010 Mazda3. I especially love how, when using BT audio, the phone pauses when you turn the car off, and resumes playing when turned back on. Not to mention contact importing, steering wheel controls, and more! :p

20. Ryobi

Ryobi Banned

No problem with my 2010 Infiniti G37x or my 2008 Acura TL. Phonebook transfers fine, able to make and receive, voice dial, redial last number. Audio comes through the cars speakers, loud and clear. Phone connects to the HF BT in the car immediately upon start-up. If a contact has two or more numbers, it gives me the option to select which number to call.

21. earlyadopter

earlyadopter New Member

I'm having problems getting contacts to sync on a '10 RX-450h with nav. Bluetooth functions, but attempts to sync contacts end in "fail."

Contacted Lexus (little help), HTC (even less help) and Verizon (tried, had virtually no information).

Does your vehicle have nav, and if so, how were you able to sync?

Thanks.

22. Sorbert

Sorbert Well-Known Member

Paired with a Boxter and works fine here

23. skunis1

skunis1 Well-Known Member

I have an '08 Sentra and had no problems pairing and making calls. I do not program the numbers into the bluetooth and just dial from my phone. I also have had no issues with the audio playing through the car speakers.

24. 1967ls2

1967ls2 Well-Known Member

I have an aftermarket stereo in my 1967 Camaro that has 2 USB ports (one in the front and one in the back on a cable). The USB port in the back has a 2.0 Bluetooth dongle that allows me to pair my Incredible via Bluetooth to the stereo. I can play music flawlessly and also recieve and make calls without any issues what so ever. As soon as the stereo turns on the bluetooth connects and my music begins streaming. As soon as a call comes in the music pauses, the call begins and when I hang up the music turns back on.

25. sundancebiker

sundancebiker New Member

I just purchased a 2010 suburu outback with bluetooth handsfree harmon/kardon stereo, but I can't seem to get Pandora to stream to car stereo - hands free calling works fine. Is there a setting on incredible to activate Pandora or is that in the stereo of the car?