Same contact displayed multiple times.Support

Last Updated:

1. chrisjm00

chrisjm00 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I searched the forum but no results to what I want to know. After setting up my new D2, the phone has listed some, actually all, of my contacts multiple times. Each contact is listed 4 times, and it's really annoying having to scroll through 400 people when there really should only be around 100. I haven't been able to find any of the contact management options that my old D1 had, ie filters and stuff. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Advertisement
  2. egordon42

egordon42 Member

I don't know. I'm so frustrated by the way it pulls all my facebook friends and forces them into the default contact list. So I have multiple entries too, and if I want to delete them it says I have to delete them from my facebook account.

3. Dragoro

Dragoro Well-Known Member

You can do a couple things. Link them together and they will appear only once (click on one of the multiple contacts, select link contact, and choose one of the duplicate contacts).

See if the contacts are actually duplicated on your accounts as well. Go to gmail.com or what ever accounts you have and make sure that they dont contain multiple copys of same contact.

You can also link email, facebook, twitter, ect contacts together, the same way you link email contacts to each other.