• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Same contact, multiple numbers and SMS

New to Android so not sure if this is an Android or Desire problem I have. When I use the stock SMS app, create a new message and go to select a contact they are listed multiple times. It looks as though they are listed with their home number, their mobile number and email address all separately. It makes scrolling through and selecting the mobile number really tedious.

On looking at the contacts in "People" they are listed as a single contact and each of the numbers has "send message" as an option but really I want to be able to select a single contact and for the SMS to automatically be sent to the mobile number, rather than having to wade through every number for every peron.

Am I missing something? I have installed Handcent now and it doesn't exhibit this behaviour. Any advice to get the stock messaging app to do the same?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones