• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Same Gmail / Google Play apps on multiple devices (uninstalling)

D

Deleted User

I've searched the net and can't find an answer to this:

If I use the same Gmail account on multiple devices, thus the same Google Play details, what happens if I uninstall an app from a the second device where it was installed after already being installed on the first device?

How does Google Play deal with this when the app is still present on the other device?

Let me try again. I didn't write that first post very well.

If I use the same Google account on the Xoom as on my HTC Desire, thus the same Google Play details, what happens to an app's status on Google Play if I uninstall an app on the Xoom, but it remains on the Desire? Will it still show as 'installed' if I view My Apps on Google Play on the Desire and therefore still receive updates on this device and vice versa?

Upvote 0
It's not a problem. They are two separate devices, and treated as such by Google. The "My Apps" listing in Play is unique to the device. If you uninstall an app on the Xoom, it will no longer appear in the "My Apps" list on that device, but the Desire will be unaffected and continue to receive updates if you have that feature enabled.

Reactions: Deleted User
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones