Same issue everytime a new ROM is loaded

Last Updated:

1. JohnMcClane

JohnMcClane Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I keep getting the same problem everytime I try to load a ROM... First off, I loaded the sholes root app a while back... Now, I am trying to follow the directions here (using ROM Manager) and everytime it loads, it gets to the boot up screen and just cycles the MOTOROLA screen and the DROID eye... It will just cycle forever until I pull the battery then reload the last saved clockwork...

I know the phone is rooted properly, I have the teather and the 5 panes to scroll through... I just cant seem to load any other roms or anything from metamorph...

I feel like I am missing something really simple... but I have been reading this forum for roughly a week and cant seem to figure it out on my own... if this is another thread discussing this, that I may have over looked... just point me in the right direction... :D

Advertisement
  2. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

have you tried any roms other than Cyanogenmod? It could be that the stock kernel in cm does not agree with your phone.

3. gwlaw99

gwlaw99 Well-Known Member

Exactly which rom are you trying to load? Are you using an update.zip rom or a nandroid rom?

4. JohnMcClane

I am trying Ultimate Droid v8.6.3 right now... I was trying Cyanogenmod

5. JohnMcClane

Yup, same thing. Just gets to the "Ultimate Droid" boot screen... and keeps cycling...

6. subyfan

subyfan Member

bump on this one...

Was trying to flash the Beast to my friend's DROID this past weekend and had the exact same problem. Strange indeed, because I rooted, flashed, clocked and themed my DROID in about thirty minutes, first try, no problem.

7. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

I hate to say it, but it's probably due to the hardware not cooperating with the kernels. If it's happening with every ROM you try to load, it's got to be something not playing nice together. The only thing I can really suggest is trying to go back to completely stock via SBF and then doing all of the rooting again from scratch. Maybe something funny happened.

Have you been using Nandroid backups? I've had this problem before when using an update.zip file and not wiping the data partition.

8. subyfan

subyfan Member

Been using nandroid backups. Used DroidRootPro to flash the recovery...all went well, su (root) is verified. Can flash any of the kernels from the DRP app but none of the ROM's. Also cannot flash any outside kernels, ROM's or even smoke it (theme). Have tried update.zip and nandroid methods (wiping partitions) and no joy. ANY IDEAS???

9. shadowdude777

shadowdude777 Well-Known Member

I noticed you said that you used to use CyanogenMod. Are you using ClockworkMod Recovery or Sir PsychoS' Recovery? Ultimate Droid will only work with SPRecovery (unless you use ROM Manager Premium to download the special version that works with CM Recovery. If you downloaded it straight from the developer it's the SPRecovery version). If you still can't boot into any ROMs, try restoring to CyanogenMod and seeing if that works. Or you could use ADB to flash_image SPRecovery and then restore to Ultimate Droid. Or you could just use the SBF to get back to stock 2.0.1 and re-root.