Same ol' issue with weather

Last Updated:

1. pennywise2515

pennywise2515 Member This Topic's Starter

I just got my HTC Hero for Sprint here in the US on 3/13. The main clock/weather widget finds a town right nearby as my current location but it does not display any weather. However I can add my correct town to the widget and get full weather including forecast but it will not let me make it my current location. Im in NJ and not too far from NYC so i could use NYC's weather but it is different from my actually location to the south. I've seen all the other weather widgets but I like the fact that the HTC widget has a large clock and weather in one.

Any idea on how to make my actual town, the one where i get the weather, my current location? Is that possible?

Thanks for any help

Advertisement
  2. pennywise2515

Update: All other cities pre-loaded in the Hero or found by setting the pin displays weather without any hassle. However if I travel to one of those towns/cities and it becomes my current city it no longer works.

Example. I set NYC as a weather location while my current location is Hazlet. Full weather including forecast comes up for NYC. I travel to NYC and it becomes my current location. No longer do I have any weather updates. "No weather data available" is all I get.

Anyone experiencing this at all? Is it the phone? Because a co-worker of mine has the Hero and she has weather updates on her current location at work while I did not.

3. pennywise2515

Update #2. It appears it has something to due with the server the Android server accesses. The city that is listed as my current is "Union Beach", again this isnt the right town while in my house, but it does not list a state, just Union Beach. But if I add NYC to weather it says "New York City, NY" for some reason my "current location" does not list a state at all. I'll see if it changes by turning on my GPS and move away from Union Beach toward the other end of town and see if it corrects itself.