Same savings at the Sprint stores?

Last Updated:

1. sag7392

sag7392 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Apr 14, 2010

Since I am switching carries (T-Mo) to get my grubby mitts on an EVO, I have a question. I'm noticing that Best Buy and Radio Shack are giving you a $20 credit towards accessories and they eat the mail-in rebate as well with pre-orders. Will the Sprint stores (corporate and/or non-corporate) do the same?

I'm a little leery of doing my transaction outside of a Sprint store, only because I am changing carriers, porting my number, and adding in the government employee discount. I don't want that to be screwed up. Also, I was told by the store I'm working with, that I will get some other savings due to my carrier switch...which I hope means, they will eat the mail-in rebate.

Just curious...either way, I'm getting my EVO on E-Day.

2. L8AGIN

L8AGIN Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2010
    I've noticed the same thing. However when I asked around the sprint stores, they would not give me an instant rebate instead of the mail in one. Maybe it'll be different in your area, but it looks like I'll be going to either best buy or radio shack for my phone.
  3. ImmaSlave4U

ImmaSlave4U Well-Known Member

May 13, 2010
    Welcome to Sprint in advance. :) So, they will most likely not scrap the MIR at the Sprint store, that's just the unfortunate policy. While it is entirely possible for you to switch to Sprint via RS or BB, I wouldn't recommend it. My guess is that it would like longer, and the chances of having mistakes made increases slightly. I say go to the Sprint store in the morning on the 4th...and you can inquire about your switching carrier perk. It will most likely be a one-time account credit for upwards of $50 bucks. :D
    sag7392 likes this.