Samsung Admire 2.3.6 upgradeTips

1. Semi Clueless

Semi Clueless New Member

Hi...I just upgraded my Samsung Admire to the 2.3.6 OS...the phone runs smoother and faster and I like it alot...however...I lost a feature that I would like back...the 2.3.4 unlock screen has the swipe to silence bar with the icon that reminds you that the phone is silenced...the 2.3.6 does not have this...in fact I don't see any easy way to silence other than the volume button but then there is no reminder icon...does anyone know an easy way to silence the 2.3.6 with a reminder icon?...thanks...Steven

Advertisement
    :
  2. KageBeast

KageBeast Well-Known Member

What do you mean with a reminder icon? There's an icon at the top telling you if your phone is silenced or not
  3. qandres12

qandres12 Well-Known Member

he means the sliding tabs on the lockscreen. the right sliding tab to be exact.

the answer is not, there is no easy way to have that feature in the 2.3.6 update. this is actually what keeps me on the 2.3.4 xDDD i love that particular tab. you can do it two way on the 2.3.6 update, the power button until the power menu pops up or going into the sound settings and check the silent mode tab. you could set a shortcut to it
  4. KageBeast

Oh I thought he meant a reminder in the status bar or something
  5. octavia001

octavia001 Active Member

I was wondering, since my phones original ROM is Android 2.3 and even-though I rooted it to Open Android 2.3, is there any way I can upgrade it to a 4.0 or would I have to just buy a new phone that has that already?
  6. twogbsd

twogbsd Well-Known Member

Buy a new phone. Preferably the LG Motion....
  7. KageBeast

Lol yeah you can't upgrade a gingerbread phone to ics. Well at least not this low-end phone. Get the galaxy s3, zte avid, or the motion if you want 4.0
  8. DustInDallas

DustInDallas Member

I don't personally think this feature is worth not upgrading to the 2.3.6. (personal opinion)
  9. Pegan5369

Pegan5369 Member

Try a APk on playstore called
    MySettings. it is good to use it on a desktop.