• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung Admire Upgrade 2.3.6, lost service

Peter Rauch

Lurker
Sep 28, 2012
Hello,

Has anyone experienced problems with upgrading to 2.3.6 on the Samsung Admire and completely lost all phone services (no Service errors, cannot program phone to link with METRO PCS Service--)

I was told that the "refurbished phones", (replacement units from Assurian insurance), had known defects. Has anyone else heard or experienced this with the Admire? This all started right after upgrading to 2.3.6.

okay did you use the Official MetroPCS Update Tool from the actual Samsung website or the Generic Admire Update Tool. the official tool shoudnlt have given you these issues but if you used the generic one them these issues occurs becuase its not meant for the metropcs admire since you are installing software that doesnt really belong there

Upvote 0
Hello,

Has anyone experienced problems with upgrading to 2.3.6 on the Samsung Admire and completely lost all phone services (no Service errors, cannot program phone to link with METRO PCS Service--)

I was told that the "refurbished phones", (replacement units from Assurian insurance), had known defects. Has anyone else heard or experienced this with the Admire? This all started right after upgrading to 2.3.6.

I've never had any problems with it

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones