• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung AllShare - How to sync with Samsung Smart TV?

you need an Allshare Cast Dongle, theyd are not really available right now but are supposed to be very soon. Google Allshare Cast Dongle and you can read up on all you need to know. It wont just sync up without one, this is the only one I found anywhere, but I know nothing about this site at all, just wanted to show you an example

Samsung AllShare Cast Dongle (WiFi Wireless Hub) #EAD-T10UDEG - Expansys USA

Upvote 0
you need an Allshare Cast Dongle, theyd are not really available right now but are supposed to be very soon. Google Allshare Cast Dongle and you can read up on all you need to know. It wont just sync up without one, this is the only one I found anywhere, but I know nothing about this site at all, just wanted to show you an example

Samsung AllShare Cast Dongle (WiFi Wireless Hub) #EAD-T10UDEG - Expansys USA

That's for non-samsung TVs.

I think they have two apps now, AllShare "play" is pre-installed and I only just took a look at it. It seems you need to set it up online.

Download AllShare "player" from the Google play store and try that.

Samsung really needs to get all of their ridiculous apps to work together.

Do we really need Media Hub, SwypeIt, and two different versons of Allshare? I wouldn't be surprised if I was missing another one or two.

Upvote 0
I dont even have a clue as to how to work this allshare thing - I tried downloading the allshare for PC and that doesn't even work either (i keep getting this weird message about first you have to uninstall the previous versions - I dont have any other versions :mad: ) so therefore it wont install -

And as for the TV app (which was included in the smarthub on my TV) it keeps saying No Device is connected and will not go past that message - this whole process is a waste of time and I will try other options - dont know why its even included ....

If swipe it is the same thing with media transferring (although videos dont buffer well) and the music player via S3 allows you to transfer music to the TV - the only thing allshare will allow me to do is view content on the TV from my PC which i can do already with windows media

Upvote 0
On my Samsung smart TV, I have to use 'Screen mirroring' found in the source button (where you would change from a set top box or other input device) works perfect for me. make sure you are connected via the same internet network, my tv is wired and my phone on the same wifi

Edit: obviously it will still work if the TV connect to wifi and Phone is on the same wifi network

Upvote 0
Just got one of these TV's today. I turned on file sharing in settings on the phone, then picked the TV from the list. I went to gallery, and picked a photo, and clicked the little share symbol at the top. A pop-up came on the TV, asking to accept or decline the link.

After that, I could send anything to the TV with no further set up.

Upvote 0
Another late reply to an old thread.

I've found that I sometimes have to reboot the S3 for screen mirroring to work.

For some reason, after the 4.3 upgrade, it will connect once, then after that, it will immediately disconnect.

You can either use the input source, as noted above, or go to Network settings, Allshare, screen mirroring, then connect the phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones