Samsung app store has only 6 apps in it?Support

Last Updated:

1. vladtdr

vladtdr Member This Topic's Starter

How come samsung app store has like 6apps or someting in it on the galaxy s?is this a joke?and when i try to install an app woth kies i can't.will this problem get fixed with froyo?

Advertisement
  2. Geryatrix

Geryatrix Well-Known Member

These are paid apps that Samsung give you for free, you don't have to download them if you don't want them, but the option is there.

All the other apps are on the Android Market.

3. Beards

Beards Well-Known Member

I can understand your question... Only 6 Apps makes you wonder why Samsung have not targeted other developers or designed any other 'Samsung specific' Apps & Widgets.
    Last week they added the 'TV Remote Control' to this short list and one can only hope that others will be added as and when.
    However, on your phone the only one's you will see are those that are specific to the Galaxy S.
    For now it's just a case of doing a periodic check.

As to the other part of your message ~ installation.
    You don't need to run Kies to install.
    Just click on the Samsung icon in the Apps list and it opens a page informing you of what is available for the Galaxy S. From here simply pick one by clicking on it and it will be installed the same as you do in The Market. :)

4. vladtdr

vladtdr Member This Topic's Starter

I meant if i download one app from samsung apps.com and try to install it on my sgs it wont let me because this option is only available for samsung wave with bada os
    i belive

5. Beards

Beards Well-Known Member

I would only look at the Samsung apps which are sent direct to your particular phone.
    This as you have found is the reason to avoid any confusion to what is found on the Samsung web site.

6. Sev7n

Sev7n New Member

only 4 apps in my samsung app store , so sad!

7. Mr.Hunk

Mr.Hunk Member

Well the no. of apps in samsung apps depends on the firmware, in my case I have upgraded the official firmware forwarded through kies and now I have more than 12 apps in the store.

8. andreami

andreami Member

Just wondering if anyone else is having to pay to keep using VLingo?
    I installed it some time ago and then deleted it as I wasn't using it. I tried to re-install it today as I thought I would try it again and now it's asking to register the app to be able to keep using it.. is this normal?

Cheers