Samsung Apps StoreGeneral

Last Updated:

1. nooaah

nooaah Well-Known Member

Just found out about this on Android Central. If you point your browser to, you'll be able to download the Samsung Apps to your phone. Apparently this is pre-installed on some flavors of the S3 but not on some, if not all, US carriers.

I just downloaded the full versions of Angry Birds Space and Smart Office 2 for free. Pretty, pretty, pretty good! :smokingsomb:

bpsanborn, Ron H, dmanindfw and 5 others like this.
  2. jmz768

jmz768 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the tip, just downloaded it.
  3. TadeoNYC

TadeoNYC Well-Known Member

i wasn't sure if it was compatible and did some research. Not only is compatible but there are a video and a photo editing program for the GS3 that were not pre-installed. We can all speculate as to why.
  4. barryl85

barryl85 Well-Known Member

How can you tell its the full version of Angry Birds?

I noticed you can download a free version and a paid version on the play store, excuse me sounding stupid but on iOS the free version icon says free to make it simple to understand what version you have.
  5. unkandroid

unkandroid Member

Just downloaded the app, installed update, but when I click on the store app it just locks up at the loading screen. Made sure I didn't get the tablet version, didn't see the S3 listed for download. Hmmm.

Deleted app and reinstalled, now things seem to be working fine.
  6. diirk

diirk Well-Known Member

Just DL'd the app/update and installed Smart Office. No issues so far.
  7. dmanindfw

dmanindfw Well-Known Member

Smart Office 2 looks like a winner. That's a $10 app on the Play store!!!
  8. snilloconator

snilloconator Well-Known Member

Is this the same thing as S Suggest?
  9. speedfan

speedfan Well-Known Member

No it is not. From what I have seen S Suggest just opens up the Play store when you click on a suggestion in it. Samsung Apps is like a separate app store exclusive to Samsung products. It appears to offer several paid apps for free.
    snilloconator likes this.
  10. snilloconator

Thank You! I'll download it but I don't see it supporting the GS3. ;(

Not to sound picky but you have to be registered with Samsung just for those who don't know. Registration only takes a few minutes and it's worth it for free apps.
  11. TadeoNYC

If you visit the site on a PC you will see that the GS III is supported.

Did you go to Security and enable apps from outside market?
    snilloconator likes this.
  12. snilloconator

Yes I did as it wouldn't let me install. Not sure how big of a deal it is to have this enabled.
  13. diirk

diirk Well-Known Member

I typically leave it disabled and only enable it as needed.
  14. snilloconator

BTW I see angry birds space is free on the market. But there is a premium version and the one for samsung seems to be the same not the premium.
  15. meshell213

meshell213 Member

Do I need to download the Samsung app first before downloading the Smart Office and other free apps?

I download the samsung app apk file from my phone's browser, when I tried to install it, it said "There is a problem parsing the package." I already have the checked to allow unknown sources to be install. Any idea how to solve this?
  16. snilloconator

Yes you have to download it first and then open it. It will install the app. But make sure you have unknown sources ticked in settings > security or you will not be able to install.

I have since uninstalled samsung app as the office 2 kept crashing on me and locking up my phone. (may just be me) but you can get all these apps on google play. Angry birds space is not the premium and same as are many of the other apps. But if your really need office its one avenue to take to save $10....
  17. newtoandroid99

newtoandroid99 Well-Known Member

I had the same issue when i dowloaded it using chrome. I went back and used the stock browser and it worked fine
  18. sherlock5545

sherlock5545 Well-Known Member

Where do I get this app? I am sure I had already pre-installed before I flashed the stock firmware. It's not there anymore, though.
  19. newtoandroid99

newtoandroid99 Well-Known Member

which apps are those?
  20. nooaah

nooaah Well-Known Member

I played a few levels and I haven't seen any ads yet...

Open Office 2 makes the whole thing worth it, but has anyone run into any other decent apps yet?
  21. TadeoNYC

22. TadeoNYC

The version of Norton mobile security is a 90 day subscription to the full version
  23. Daddy Dobie

Daddy Dobie Member

I didn't have the Samsung Apps app on my phone when I got it either. I downloaded from my PC and installed it, but it says because of my phone or my country, I have limited functions. Basically I can update the phone, there's no apps. I tried to download it on the web browser on my phone after reading this thread, but it downloads a file called downloadfile.bin that's only 171kb. Is there something I'm doing wrong here? I've been at this for I don't know how many hours now, and see the same posts on all the forums where people can't get this app to work properly. PLEASE HELP!!!!
  24. NewPepper

NewPepper Well-Known Member

It's just another App Store, no big deal. Who is your service provider?
  25. Daddy Dobie

Daddy Dobie Member

I have US Cellular. They say the version of my phone is too new and hasn't been tested yet.I'm after one of the office apps I can't find anywhere else.