General samsung apps update problem

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rad4it, Sep 26, 2011.

1. rad4it

rad4it Member

Aug 6, 2011
    since owning my samsung galaxy s2, the samsung apps is showing up with 2 updates unla service and samsung apps, however when i go into them they tell me download complete, also i keep getting the install blocked message for security,your phone is set to block installation of applications not obtained from android market. Wether these applications have been downloaded or not i dont know, but either way i cant seem to clear them off the samsung app

Advertisement
  2. Riche101

Riche101 VIP Member
    VIP Member

Aug 19, 2011
    Male
    EarthCaust Photography, Volunteer, Enviromental Re
    UK- Edinburgh, Brazil - 2 hrs from Rio de Janeiro

Hi go into settings > Apps> and make sure you tick unknown sources

that will fix it all

3. rad4it

rad4it Member

Aug 6, 2011
    and this is completely safe to leave checked is it? obviously it sounds a bit dodgy

4. matttye

matttye Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2010
    Senior Legal Secretary
    Lincoln, England
    Yeah, just don't go installing random apps from suspicious websites and you'll be fine.

rad4it likes this.
  5. rad4it

rad4it Member

Aug 6, 2011
    i shall give it a go, also having problems retrieving my windows live messages at the mo, would you know anything about that, sorry to be a pain. It has been working fine then today i cant get any of my messages up on there inbox or sent. i will just try turning it off in a mo, i know that sometimes fixes problems

6. matttye

Apr 26, 2010
    Senior Legal Secretary
    Lincoln, England
    Restarting the phone is always a good first thing to try. It fixes so many problems. You might also wish to try going to Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage applications > all tab > Email > Clear cache.

7. rad4it

rad4it Member

Aug 6, 2011
    done that, i have closed the email account and have tried going back into it, but it will not retrieve data, just goes to time out

8. matttye

Apr 26, 2010
    Senior Legal Secretary
    Lincoln, England
    In that case I would remove the account and re-add it. Have you tried accessing your account on a computer to check it's not just a problem with the email server?

9. rad4it

rad4it Member

Aug 6, 2011
    sorry thats what i meant, but wont retieve it at the moment just goes to time out