1. Tablet future looks bright! Read more about: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    New Forums: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    Dismiss Notice

samsung apps update problemGeneral

Last Updated:

1. rad4it

rad4it Member

since owning my samsung galaxy s2, the samsung apps is showing up with 2 updates unla service and samsung apps, however when i go into them they tell me download complete, also i keep getting the install blocked message for security,your phone is set to block installation of applications not obtained from android market. Wether these applications have been downloaded or not i dont know, but either way i cant seem to clear them off the samsung app

Advertisement
  2. Riche101

Riche101 VIP Member VIP Member

Hi go into settings > Apps> and make sure you tick unknown sources

that will fix it all
  3. rad4it

rad4it Member

and this is completely safe to leave checked is it? obviously it sounds a bit dodgy
  4. matttye

matttye Well-Known Member

Yeah, just don't go installing random apps from suspicious websites and you'll be fine.
    rad4it likes this.
  5. rad4it

rad4it Member

i shall give it a go, also having problems retrieving my windows live messages at the mo, would you know anything about that, sorry to be a pain. It has been working fine then today i cant get any of my messages up on there inbox or sent. i will just try turning it off in a mo, i know that sometimes fixes problems
  6. matttye

Restarting the phone is always a good first thing to try. It fixes so many problems. You might also wish to try going to Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage applications > all tab > Email > Clear cache.
  7. rad4it

rad4it Member

done that, i have closed the email account and have tried going back into it, but it will not retrieve data, just goes to time out
  8. matttye

In that case I would remove the account and re-add it. Have you tried accessing your account on a computer to check it's not just a problem with the email server?
  9. rad4it

rad4it Member

sorry thats what i meant, but wont retieve it at the moment just goes to time out