• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung/AT&T/Straight Talk = Frustration

colabear58

Lurker
Sep 3, 2014
:mad:I just returned my Samsung 3 because of total frustration with Straight Talk. I contacted them 12 times and still could not receive 3G or4G. What is the problem? APN changed numerous times. They seemed to think it was the phone, or the antennaes........... Help because now I do not have a phone and I really liked the Galaxy.

Its possible that you received a bad SIM card, if you were planning on using Straight Talk through AT&T's network I would highly recommend you look at AT&T's GoPhone plans instead. The reason being AT&T puts Straight Talk users at a lower priority when using their LTE and HSPA+ data networks which results in data throughput caps around 7-10Mbps on LTE as well as high ping times due to the LTE core that AT&T routes Straight Talk users through. I've also read that some users on ST can't even use AT&T's data network during peak periods of the day.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones