Samsung calendar and alarm

Last Updated:

1. rawfa

rawfa Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

I have a Samsung Jet right now and I absolutely HATE it's calendar and alarm. It limits the amount of words you can introduce and it forces you to introduce A LOT of data that should be automatic, plus selecting the time you want to set the alarm on your calendar to go off is really stupid...instead of letting you simply write the time you are forced to press a button that makes the time go up and down until you've reached the time you want. AND I have to select the ring tone I want to use for the alarm EVERYTIME I set a different alarm on my calendar. I use my calendar A LOT and the whole process is slow and time consuming. Even my old Nokia N95 was waaay better when it came it's calendar...you would simply type the name of the alarm (no word restriction, you could insert all the info you needed) and selected the time and that's it...there were more options (location, details, etc), but they were OPTIONAL.
    What I want to know is if the newer Samsung cell phones's calendars are still like this (since I'm planing to buy one).

thanks

Rafa

Advertisement
  2. rawfa

Nothing? Nobody using the Samsungs calendar/alarm?

3. snapper.fishes

snapper.fishes Well-Known Member

I will move this to the right section for you.

edit: Wait a second. This isn't even an Android phone. No offense but what on earth are you doing here?

4. rawfa

I don't think I was very clear. I'm asking people to answer regarding Samsung Jet's calendar performance, I'm asking people about the calendar on the NEW Samsung android phones such as Vibrant and Captivate. I was just giving and example of the things I don't like on the Jet's calendar to find out if the Vibrant and the Captivate's calendar is the same.

5. mdeamicis

mdeamicis Well-Known Member

the android phones run on the android os, think windows, you can use any calander "app" you want. but when you activate an android, you get a new gmail acount if you do not already have one. and your google calendar runs online and on your phone, they are synced together. the calander is not as smooth as the webmobil calndar but it is not as rediculous as you are saying the samsung calendar is. my last good phone pre android was the samsung ich760 webmobil6 slider. i still love that phone. it must have weight a pound or two, but it did everything exactly like i wanted it in the pre android world.

simple answer, i doubt android calnder will disapoint you. you have a ton of option to choose from for calendar apps. i run gtasks 2x2 widget and geminy calnder 2x1 widget on my main homescreen. with launcher pro plus, launcher pro icons and desktop visualizer, i am able to have a very frosty looking and highly functional multitasking main screen.

give android a test drive, dig around the forums here and check out droid life and read back a few weeks there. android has a ton of goodness to offer anyone willing to invest a little bit of time getting use to the interface.

6. rawfa

Many thanks!